Answer by Julia Jasmine Madrazo-Sta Romana:
When hiring web designers or other Filipino workers through Onlinejobs. ph, here are a few things that you need to remember
- Check the jobseeker’s IDProof score. IDProof is their way of making sure that the account is created by a legitimate jobseeker. This minimizes your risk of hiring a scammer or having your work outsourced to a less skilled worker.
- Ask for a portfolio. It’s hard to assess their skill based on their account alone. A portfolio should give you a better idea of what they can do
- Ask for work/character references.
- Be realistic about your expectations. If you’re looking for a web designer, look for an amazing web designer. Don’t expect that awesome web designer to also be an SEO expert, a master copywriter, a rockstar VA, etc. It’s just not something most people can do and most of the people who claim to do this are lying through their teeth.
- Write a good job post. You want to attract the best talent possible so be clear about what you expect from your workers and what they can expect from you.
- Be patient. Finding the right worker is a lot like dating. Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs to find your prince.
- Read this to learn more:
- Be cheap. Pay them according to their skill and experience.
- Post your contact details on your job post, you’ll risk exposing yourself to scammers or fake workers.
- Pre-pay for work. Protect yourself and pay after work has been delivered, not before.
Julia Jasmine Sta Romana is a writer, content development specialist and enterprise development trainer. She likes to write about science and technology, education, parenting, food, and always looking for ways to make working at home an easier and more fulfilling experience.
Latest posts by Julia Jasmine Sta Romana (see all)
- Creating Online Economic Opportunities In The Countryside: My RISTT Trainer Experience - June 28, 2018
- Choosing Pain With Purpose - June 23, 2018
- Lashing Out Against the Wave of Anti-Intellectualism - May 29, 2018