Answer by Julia Jasmine Madrazo-Sta Romana:
When hiring web designers or other Filipino workers through Onlinejobs. ph, here are a few things that you need to remember
- Check the jobseeker’s IDProof score. IDProof is their way of making sure that the account is created by a legitimate jobseeker. This minimizes your risk of hiring a scammer or having your work outsourced to a less skilled worker.
- Ask for a portfolio. It’s hard to assess their skill based on their account alone. A portfolio should give you a better idea of what they can do
- Ask for work/character references.
- Be realistic about your expectations. If you’re looking for a web designer, look for an amazing web designer. Don’t expect that awesome web designer to also be an SEO expert, a master copywriter, a rockstar VA, etc. It’s just not something most people can do and most of the people who claim to do this are lying through their teeth.
- Write a good job post. You want to attract the best talent possible so be clear about what you expect from your workers and what they can expect from you.
- Be patient. Finding the right worker is a lot like dating. Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs to find your prince.
- Read this to learn more:
- Be cheap. Pay them according to their skill and experience.
- Post your contact details on your job post, you’ll risk exposing yourself to scammers or fake workers.
- Pre-pay for work. Protect yourself and pay after work has been delivered, not before.